1 to 4 pm on Thursday, March 10, 2011 at
Missouri State University
Fruit Experiment Station
Mtn. Grove, Mo
Faurot Hall 102
Topics to be covered:
- Importance of Food Safety
- State Regulations for Selling to the public
- Food Safety Concerns in the Field: Field preparation & planting, manure usage & crop cultural guidelines
- Irrigation Methods and Associated Issues
- Harvest and Post Harvest Safety
- Food Safety- Field to Market
- GAP- Good Agriculture Practices
John Avery, State Fruit Experiment Station Fruit Grower Advisor
Patrick Byers, horticulturist, University of Missouri Extension
Participants who complete the workshop will receive a certificate of completion and a laminated sign similar to the one at right for display at their market stand.
There is no fee, but please call 417 547-7533 or e-mail PMayer@Missouristate.edu to register if possible. Walk-ins are welcome.
Directions: From Hwy 60, take second Mtn. Grove exit (Hwy 95). Turn north, go past Wal-Mart. Take next right (Red Spring Rd). 9740 Red Spring Rd. Mtn. Grove, Mo.